Sunday, June 13, 2010

New Beers

Bad Moon Ryesing
Brewed: May 26, 2010
Kegged: June 12, 2010
OG: 1.06-1.065

1lb Briess Caramel 20
6 lb Extra Light DME
1 lb Crystal Rye Malt

1 oz Cascade - 60 min
1 oz Simcoe - 30 min
1 oz Williamette - 15 min
1 oz Cascade - Dry hopped 2 days into fermentation

Just kegged this one.  It smelled real tasty.  We'll see in a couple weeks.  I'm a big fan of Terrapin's Rye Ale, so I figured I'd make something along the lines of an American Pale with a little rye.

The Adventures of Peat and Peat
Brewed: June 13, 2010
Kegging: Planned for June 28, 2010
OG: TBD - waiting for the foam to settle in my test tube

6.6 lb Amber Liquid Malt Extract
1 lb Crystal 80L
8 oz Victory
5 oz Peat Smoked Malt

1.5 oz Fuggles - 60 min
0.5 oz Fuggles - Dry hop 2-3 days into fermentation

I had a Peat Smoked beer in Seattle that I really liked, so I figured I'd make one.  I'm not sure whether 5 oz will be too strong - we'll have to wait and see.

I did change up my post-boil filtering method a little.  I basically dropped my small wire-mesh strainer into my larger metal strainer (which is big enough to sit on the lip of the bucket).  The combination of these two meant I could basically dump the whole boil into the bucket at once.  Rock.


 Anyway, all three of my kegs have run out within a few weeks of each other.  My Baby Bunny Brown Ale just got down to the yeasty crud at the bottom last night.  I guess that means I need to add another keg to reduce the risk of that happening again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment