Monday, August 15, 2011

Lowe's Attack

So I've been fixing up the baseboards in my house.  There are a lot of them that are pretty messed up, having been removed and nailed back on due to floor work.

Anyway, I had to run to Lowe's this weekend to get one more piece of trim.  I picked it out, carried it over to the saw, and went looking for a helpful associate.

"No sir, the saw is down"

"No, we can't use any of the circular saws in the store"

"No, we can't use a handsaw either"

"No, you can't bring your own saw"

Well, crap.  There's no fitting a 16-foot board into my car.

As I left, something shiny glinted from the corner of my eye: an electrical plug cover just by the door.  A plan quickly formed itself.  I'd go get my circular saw and a couple of cinder blocks, buy the long piece of trim and cut it up just outside the door like a parking lot ninja.

"I'd better check the plug to make sure it's right," I said to myself.  I went over to open it up.

In addition to a few 110V plugs was a large nest of wasps.  They weren't happy.  Also, my opening the cover knocked their nest onto the ground.  They got even less happy.

So I ran away, and bought my trim at Home Depot.  So much for being a parking lot home improvement ninja.

3 comments:

  1. You made me laugh!! You're lucky one of those angry wasp didn't get you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think maybe you should consider getting a Home Depot frequent shopper card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the security cam video might be popular on YouTube! Uncle Mark

    ReplyDelete