Sunday, February 28, 2010

Kegerator v3

Finished up revision three of the kegerator today. This version will eventually have four or five kegs inside, and maybe a small one up in the freezer, if I can make sure it doesn't get too cold.

Had to buy a new barb for my distributor to match barb sizes with the regulator. Learned about plumber's tape. Learned that it's very hard to make a compression union hold pressurized gas. (That's why I bought the second barb, so I could ditch the union.)

I may end up drilling two holes for the distributor, so I can use bolts instead of screws. We'll see. I'll probably wait until I've got it loaded up with kegs, in case the position of the thing ends up changing.

Shoutouts to some great tools: My bench-vise did a damn good job of holding the distributor in place while I swapped out the input barb. Also, by big cartoony crescent wrench guaranteed that the barb will never, ever come out.






No comments:

Post a Comment